Due to the ongoing reality of the COVID-19 pandemic, the General Dynamics Soldier On Golf Tournament Committee has decided to postpone the 10th Annual Golf Tournament until the summer of 2021. This was a difficult decision, but necessary as we greatly value our loyal sponsors, players, volunteers, and community as a whole. It was a risk too great to take.
That said, General Dynamics Soldier On Golf Tournament Committee has shown an overwhelming recommitment to the cause of waiting to support Soldier On.
Starting on Monday, September 28th through Sunday, October 4th of 2020, General Dynamics Mission Systems – Pittsfield, is hosting the Soldier On Virtual 5K! You are invited to register for the 5K Run/Walk/Jog, the September Cash Calendar, the Soldier On Jacket OR YETI Tumbler, or to bundle all three! To bundle make sure to click here.
Last year’s golf tournament raised over $59,000 for Soldier On, which was only possible with your participation and generosity! The funds raised will go toward ending veteran homelessness in the Berkshires and beyond. Soldier On significantly contributes to the improvement of the community and all proceeds from the event will directly benefit veterans who have served our country.
Additional 5K Registration details:
5K participants will have the option to register for one of the categories below and will have the whole week to run/walk/jog the event on their own time.
Participants will be required to register and use the JustMove app to compete, as this tool will track your time, distance, and placement.
5K Categories include the following:
- Men’s/Women’s Race: First place winners will be ranked based on best times as recorded by the JustMove app and will receive a prize.
- Teams Race: Teams must consist of 4 participants. Times identified in the JustMove app will be combined after the final race day is complete and the First Place Team will receive a prize.
- Just For Fun Race: This option is for those not looking to compete, but rather participate in the 5K for fun. A prize for this race type will be given out at random.
Please visit the SO5K Facebook Page and help us share this wonderful event for an even greater cause. We will be providing additional event information on our Facebook Page such as the Dine to Donate program, swag pictures, jacket sizes, fun routes in the Berkshires, and more. We hope you tag us in your race pictures!
Questions? Contact us!
- Registration: Nick Bourdon (413) 464-3063
- Sponsors: Meghan Hendricks (413) 494-4228
- Committee Lead: Jess Schell (413) 464-1368
- General Questions: SoldierOnGolfTournament@gd-ms.com
Thank you for your support!